Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OT - Santa Wish List  (Read 9975 times)

SilentAssasin64

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: OT - Santa Wish List
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2006, 12:16:42 AM »
Ah, OK. :)

Actually, other than the vid card I'm pretty content. I feel secure knowing that "geek" used to be a 4-letter word. Now... now it's a 6-figure word. ;D

Haha.  Amen to that.

I'm actually hoping for a new iPod this year.  The hard drive in the one I have now is scratched to piss. Guess I should stop taking it to work with me :P.  
Back In The Game

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    « Reply #31 on: December 23, 2006, 04:55:17 AM »
    Ah, OK. :)

Actually, other than the vid card I'm pretty content. I feel secure knowing that "geek" used to be a 4-letter word. Now... now it's a 6-figure word. ;D

Haha.  Amen to that.

I'm actually hoping for a new iPod this year.  The hard drive in the one I have now is scratched to piss. Guess I should stop taking it to work with me :P.  
    me too

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    « Reply #32 on: December 23, 2006, 08:02:10 AM »
    You sure your keyboard isn't having problems? My Caps Lock key is off by default...

No, when I am typing away I frequently and inadvertently hit the Caps Lock when I am trying to get the tab or especially the shift key.
    I have that problem, too.  I find that setting Windows to give an audible tone when the Caps Lock key is pressed helps some.  If Caps Lock is off and I press it, a high-pitched beep sounds; for Caps Lock, a low-pitched beep sounds.  The setting for this is found in Control Panel, Accessibility Options; check the box for ToggleKeys.  This also applies to Num Lock and Scroll Lock.  

In addition to using the audible tones for ToggleKeys, the Logitech software that came with my current keyboard displays a message on screen for about 2 seconds, like this:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 08:03:48 AM by soybean »

GX1_Man

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2006, 04:58:32 PM »
    I have that problem, too.  I find that setting Windows to give an audible tone when the Caps Lock key is pressed helps some.  If Caps Lock is off and I press it, a high-pitched beep sounds; for Caps Lock, a low-pitched beep sounds.  The setting for this is found in Control Panel, Accessibility Options; check the box for ToggleKeys.  This also applies to Num Lock and Scroll Lock.  

Tones are nice, but I like that darn key TOTALLY disabled. I never use it and when my fingers start flying on the keyboard it's hard enough just to stop my vowel movements.  :o
    « Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 04:41:00 AM by GX1_Man »

homer

Expert
      « Reply #34 on: December 23, 2006, 07:01:06 PM »
      it's hard enough just to stop my vowel movements.  :o

LOL ;D i havent heard that one before!

JohnK

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #35 on: December 23, 2006, 07:58:56 PM »
      Hmm... IDK what I want. Anything is fine I spose. Maybe some new hinges for my laptop.

-John

girlysmiles

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2006, 08:13:17 PM »
      My husband of almost 30 years passed away 2 years ago.  Just before that he had lost his job and we had no insurance (had to cut bills to the minimum) and the Monday before the Thursday he passed away he had sent for all the "extras" that you get from your job.  He didn't live long enough to get them.  So when he passed away his family paid for him to be buried in Md (where he was originally from).  All this is to lead into the fact that I have already got my Christmas present.  I saved for 2 years to buy a memorial to place on his grave.  I have felt awful not having something to mark where he is buried for two whole years.  But I did it and it's being made as we speak and it's for both of us and this is the greatest present I have ever received.  I loved him dearly and still do and just want to tell you all to hug your "special person" extra tight this year and never forget to tell them you love them.  You never know when it will be the last time you will be able to say that.  Also remember to not forget the CHRIST in Christmas.  Please don't be sorry or sad over this post.  I'm not posting for that reason.  I'm posting because I'm happy I've accomplished something I have wanted for a very long time.

GX1_Man

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2006, 08:44:22 PM »
      Good for you and thanks for sharing your love.  ;)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2006, 08:51:48 PM »
        HI ......girlysmiles , your words are so true.
        You should be commended on your accomplishent.

A very Merry Christmas to you from the folks here at Computer Hope .

dl65  ::)
        If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #39 on: December 23, 2006, 09:19:56 PM »
          I wish I had enough get up & go to go fishing. :(

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
            • Obituary
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #40 on: December 23, 2006, 10:48:50 PM »
          Wow!beautiful thing to share girlysmiles.

This is what it is all about faith, hope, and
          charity.

Glad your two year wish was accomplished.

Merry Christmas.
          Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
            « Reply #41 on: December 23, 2006, 11:47:33 PM »

A very touching story. Thank you for sharing it. My grandfather, married to my Grandmother for 42 years, died two years ago the weekend after Thanksgiving. It's been hard on all of us; he was a good man, a devoted husband and Christian. We've learned to live again, but without him, going to my Grandmother's house isn't the same. The biggest pity is that I didn't even spend half the time with him as I did with my Grandmother in his last year. But I still remember as a kid, listening to him talk about the space rockets he worked on, describing them as they lifted off into space. Today we have a displayed memorial of the planes and space craft he worked on -- 20 or more in total. I miss him dearly, and given the chance I would have spent greater time with him.

Peace, all. I'm leaving for the holidays.
            "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

homer

Expert
              « Reply #42 on: December 23, 2006, 11:57:11 PM »
              a very touching post girlysmiles. thank you for that.  :)

girlysmiles

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2006, 04:30:49 AM »
              Thank you all and a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.
              Fed where are you from that you have to pay to go fishing?

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
                « Reply #44 on: December 24, 2006, 04:34:41 AM »
                Merry Christmas to Everyone and a happy new Year to all.

Girlysmiles i happy you got your wish its very sweet even tho i don't know you.
                Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice