Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Transfering xp pro  (Read 2007 times)

dodge02

Transfering xp pro
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:14:01 PM »
Hi all I am very new to this room but I have a problem. I just purchased a ibm 560  laptop off ebay it is running ME and I want to install xp pro. I have the cd BUT the laptop has no cd drive, I never heard of that BTW. I am pretty familar with computers but not this one. I am trying to install my wireless-G usb network adapter (also have the cd) but cant so I downloaded it a jump drive and now the ibm wont reconize the jump drive to install the driver need for the jump drive. The jump drive is a Attache 512. So I guess this is a two part question. Frist does anyone know where I can get the driver for the jump drive? Second is there any way to transfer xp pro without using the cd? I would really apprcieate any and all the help I can get!!!  :( :-? :-?

GX1_Man

Re: Transfering xp pro
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 06:27:45 PM »
Your life will be a lot easier if you just get a CDROM drive, for now and in the future. These are also readily available on eBay.

HCS

Re: Transfering xp pro
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 06:12:32 AM »
Hi dodge02,

i searched on google for your driver. i have a website if you want to download it.

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=457877&action=downloadsplash&expcode=uyEcqYCW2K6ytODuHMldERxMfRl%2FJvhY0wovBFW9ZACjTfpsPgZjAXTsyAeh5ZoQubyHlQUkErsaXdlg6Qt%2Buw%3D%3D

if this dosen't work i have some other driver sites that i'll search for you...
hopefully this helps! ;)

-Hales Computer Service