Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bad Sectors?????  (Read 1997 times)

scottde2

Bad Sectors?????
« on: December 21, 2006, 12:04:46 AM »
I have a IBM t-40 with a 40 gig hd and i am having prblems with it staying on i have tried reinstalling win xp pro and nothing. i have tried fprot nothing and a bunch of other things. When I run the IBM Diagnositcs it gives me several ECC errors in the HD as well as bad address marks.... I am wondering if all the time I have put in trying to fix this is worth it or should I just get a new hard drive for it?????

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Bad Sectors?????
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:36:07 AM »
     scottde2.....  Well , unless your really attached to it ......... LOL ......  I would consider having a new one installed ....unless you are able to do it yourself.
    If thats the route you decide to go ...get a price to replace it first...... that laptop is what , 4 years old now ?  It might be cost effective to replace it with a new laptop.

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 12:36:39 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Bad Sectors?????
    « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 04:34:47 AM »
    « Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 04:36:21 AM by street1 »
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.