Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mother Board (Abit aa8xe) troubles  (Read 2870 times)

Mr.Paul

Mother Board (Abit aa8xe) troubles
« on: December 24, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »
SO, i got this computer from a freind of mine, he got a virus and took the whole thing apart.  I put it back together to the best of my ability, and everything works.  but everytime i press the power button, it beeps when the hdd led pops on it runs for about a minute after that and then shuts down. the mother board has a digital read-out thing on it and it says 7F as the computer shuts down.  If anyone knows what the 7F means, or where i can read up on the mother board its self it would be greatly appreciated.  If you need more specs on the comp dont hesitate to ask.

GX1_Man

Re: Mother Board (Abit aa8xe) troubles
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
From the eVGA forum. Google got there in .88 seconds:

Error code 7F
Solution: The worst error code you can get, since its almost always a problem with one of the pieces of hardware you've plugged into the motherboard. Most common causes are:

1. GPU is not securely placed into the PCI-E slot. Reseat the GPU and ensure it has external power if required.
2. Memory isn't securely placed, try reseating it. Alternatively the memory might not play ball - follow the solution above (computer won't boot).
3. PSU insufficient, ensure the PSU you have is branded and has sufficient output on each rail for the components you have installed. Its easy to overload one rail a little too much on some PSUs.
4. Connection loose somewhere - reseat everything to make sure its all secure.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 04:56:43 PM »
    Why did he feel the need to physically take his computer apart because of a virus?

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 06:38:48 PM »
      Why did he feel the need to physically take his computer apart because of a virus?

I agree, thats the whole problem.
      That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

Mr.Paul

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 08:17:57 PM »
      well, he isnt the most computer savy person, and cant really say for sure, but thanks gx1_man the info helps