Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon BJC 2000 Printer Not Working ?  (Read 2866 times)

Jp

Canon BJC 2000 Printer Not Working ?
« on: December 24, 2006, 04:53:55 PM »
Hi,
My BJC 2000 Printer is not working ? I have been told by Cannon Care, that it may need a new printer head,

"The BC-21e is the container that holds the ink tanks.  From time to time
it will need to be replaced.  If replacing the BC-21e does not resolve
the issue then the unit would require service."

I would like to get some more advice, I received an AOL update, and after words the printer did not work, I am not sure if the update effected the printer.

The notation when activating the printer is an error report, . .
The printer did nothing.
I was able to get one and only one test print but after words, it just buzzed and hummed like it was going to work, when the resume button was pushed.

The printer head does not move. or stays to the side when the resume button is held down.
Sometimes it will act up an hour or two later since it does not delete the first print command, but does nothing afterward.

Can any one give me some input ?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 05:06:49 PM by Jp »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Canon BJC 2000 Printer
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 05:09:58 PM »
I have no clue about whether the AOL update has anything to do with your printer problem.  It seems unlikely, but I'm not an AOL user, thank goodness.  

Did this problem start right after the AOL update?  Does the printer behave the same way, regardless of what application (word processor, spreadsheet, etc.) you try to print from?  

I have two BJC-2000 printers.  I bought one and the other used to belong to my mother.  Only one works now; however, I can remove the print head unit with the ink cartridges in it and put it in the other printer and then the printer works.  This a clear indication that, indeed, the printer head unit in these printers can become faulty and need to be replaced.  In the case of the printer that used to belong to my mother, I suspect months of non-use contributed to the demise of the printer head unit in it; long periods of inactivity are not good for printers.  

The BC-21e package contains the printer head unit and the two ink tanks.  From what I've seen, it retails for about $50.  However, you might want to check for them on ebay.  I just bought a new BC-21e on ebay for $25 (free shipping).

Jp

Re: Canon BJC 2000 Printer Not Working ?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 05:47:21 PM »

Hey Soybean,
Thanks much!

About AOL, I feel the same way but don't have a choice.

I guess I'll try the printerhead and appreciate the E-bay idea.

Jp

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 07:11:51 PM »
And that printer is rather elderly. I finally killed off two of them.  :o

Jp

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »
GX1_Man,

Sorry, I'm not sure who's Printer your talking about, mine must be 5 yrs. old, is that old ?
If your talking about yours are your referring to BCJ 2000, and if so was the problem solved with new print heads ?

Jp

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 08:18:08 PM »
I'm sure it is at least 5 years old and probably 8. Unfortunately all equipment fails eventually.

I ruined one using an off-brand cartridge rather than a Canon one which ruined the print head. I do not believe Canon included new heads in every cartridge as other manufacturers did. The print head was only rated for 2000 pages, although obviously many lasted longer. The entire machine only had a 1 year warranty, so hopefully you got your money's worth.

I would hesitate to suggest you spend more money at this time on that equipment. It may not solve the problem at all.