Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot move files from computer to new 1g thumb  (Read 2426 times)

Heineken

Cannot move files from computer to new 1g thumb
« on: December 25, 2006, 06:13:59 AM »
I wish to move 1,000 jpegs to my new 1g thumbdrive I just received like hours ago.
500 have already been moved. Right in the very middle (just ironic that's all),
This came up: "Cannot create or replace, the directory or file cannot be created."
Ok, I tried to move one jpeg at a time, each time: read above quote.

A few months ago, on an older thumb, I was able to atleast create a new folder on it, only THIS time
this verbage comes up: "Unable to create new folder. The Directory or file cannot be created."  :P

So, I've got 500 jpegs sitting on my C drive that I can't move to my new 1g thumbdrive, not to mention wmv clips and such.

Am I missing something? How come I can't simply move these jpegs and clips to my new thumbdrive?
How come I was able to create a folder on my older thumb (which solved this problem), only now I can't?  :-?

Saviour

Re: Cannot move files from computer to new 1g thum
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 07:22:18 AM »
Heineken...

You may be getting this error because a folder may already exist on your thumb drive with the same name as a folder you are trying to copy.

The first thing I would do, is make sure you don't have identical flolder names on your thumb drive.  If you only want the files you are currently trying to copy on this thumb drive, then start fresh.

Making sure you have enough space on your thumb drive, create a new folder on it and simply select all the jpeg images you wish to copy and then copy and/or cut and then paste them to this folder on your thumb drive.

Please post your results here.

Good luck!

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Cannot move files from computer to new 1g thum
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 08:49:23 AM »
After copying 500 jpeg images to it, how much space is left on the thumb drive?  Perhaps it's already full.