Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Forum...Any Suggestions???  (Read 2147 times)

Saviour

New Forum...Any Suggestions???
« on: December 26, 2006, 05:03:54 PM »
I started a new Forum Board the other day to offer free help to the visitors of my site.  Needless to say...it has no members except for myself.

I was hoping someone from this forum could offer some advice about the forum itself.  In no way was it started to take away from this site...the roots here are deep ...and this tree cannot be shaken.  Excellent job!

I was just hoping someone could give me some insight into advertising it or provide any constructive or destructive criticism.

http://www.saviour-pc.com/Forum

Thanks, in advance, for your input.  Happy Holidays!

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: New Forum...Any Suggestions???
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »
You have a nice forum.

Where is the OFF- TOPIC -TOPIC?

I am a bit looney at times and you know. :-? ;D
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Saviour

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 06:14:08 PM »
Thanks, street1...

Will have to add that one...should have it up in a few...

Thanks, again...

Saviour

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 06:15:57 PM »
You have a nice forum.

Where is the OFF- TOPIC -TOPIC?

I am a bit looney at times and you know. :-? ;D

That forum is now live...

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »
I like the way you've organized it but I have to ask, why add a forum to your site?  Why offer free help to the visitors of your site?  Do you really want to devote a substantial amount of time to moderating and administering a forum?  In other words, perhaps you should keep your focus on running the business and avoid things that will not contribute to the profitability of your business.

Saviour

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 07:26:17 PM »
Thanks, soybean, for the input.

You do have a point...however, I spend a lot of time on the computer trying to make things a little easier on myself.  While this may not be a logical approach to most...I look at it this way...

I try to provide my clientele with the best customer service I can offer and try to talk to them on their level...and like most of us...we all want something for nothing...so, not only did I offer my clientele and visitors a link to Computer Hope...I've also wanted to implement a board on my site for stickiness and hope to draw more attention to the site.

After the forum board gets a good start...it doesn't need administering as much since most of the time the board will be controlled by moderators and input from registered users of which I'm sure you're already aware.

I really do appreciate your input and would like to thank you for your time.

homer

Expert
    « Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:44:42 AM »
    Thanks, soybean, for the input.

You do have a point...however, I spend a lot of time on the computer trying to make things a little easier on myself.  While this may not be a logical approach to most...I look at it this way...

[highlight]I try to provide my clientele with the best customer service I can offer and try to talk to them on their level[/highlight]...and like most of us...we all want something for nothing...so, not only did I offer my clientele and visitors a link to Computer Hope...I've also wanted to implement a board on my site for stickiness and hope to draw more attention to the site.

After the forum board gets a good start...it doesn't need administering as much since most of the time the board will be controlled by moderators and input from registered users of which I'm sure you're already aware.

I really do appreciate your input and would like to thank you for your time.

that is an excellent choice. you sound like a very reputable business man. :)

Saviour

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 02:12:33 AM »
    Thanks, homer...I am. ;D