Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cookie problem? Please help  (Read 2963 times)

Traceywid

Cookie problem? Please help
« on: December 27, 2006, 03:42:01 PM »
I seem to have a problem since upgrading to IE7.
Now when I visit most of the websites I & buy from, i.e Amazon I either can't put anything in my shopping cart or it lets me put 1 thing in but empties it if I try to put another item in.
I also have to keep logging in over & over again.
Another site (M&P) said there was something in my cart but when going to the cart it's empty.
Another site I have been buying from regularly for a couple of years is now very helpfully telling me that I need to set my cookies to Medium High to even be able to have a shopping cart with them.
My cookies are set to Medium High & I haven't changed anything recently other than upgrading to IE7.
I run System Mechanic regularly which deletes all temporary files.
I run AdAware after every internet session, also Spybot & Ewido.
I have McAfee Virusscan & Zone Alarm Pro installed & run regular scans.
I'm going mad, I can't buy anything online!
Thank goodness it wasn't this bad before Xmas!
Can anyone help?  :(  

Saviour

Re: Cookie problem? Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 07:29:41 AM »
Tracey,

You might want to try to change the way IE7 handles cookies by doing the following:

Tools/Internet Options/Privacy Tab/Advanced Button

Check the box labled "Override automatic cookie handling".
Check allow first party cookies
Check allow third party cookies
Check Allow session cookies

Save your changes by clicking apply and/or Ok until you return to your browser.  Close your browser and reopen it, returning to the site(s) you are having issues with to see if this resolves your issues.

You can always clean up the cookies later by deleting them using the delete button in Internet Options of IE7...or by using your System Mechanic software program.

Please let us know if this has resolved your issue by posting here.

Happy Holidays!