Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to locate and disable download accelerators?  (Read 2324 times)

Tanith

How to locate and disable download accelerators?
« on: December 28, 2006, 03:57:51 PM »
Hi, all.  Kind of a newbish question here... ;D

In another folder Fed is helping me straighten out the matter of a botched driver replacement job I did.  We've determined that I need to install a unified driver from Nvidia, but the installation hints say that I need to disable Norton (my anti-virus program) and also my "download accelerator".  Thing is, I can't quite work out what or where the download accelerator is.  Is there a way to locate it, or even determine if I actually have one?  I've just sort of vaguely been assuming that I do.

Many thanks,

Tanith   :)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: How to locate and disable download accelerator
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 05:01:25 PM »
    Tanith...... I don't want to disrupt anything that Fed has suggested for you ....but when you say download accelerator ..... I think you mean a download manager ........ Have a look in your control panel .... add/remove programs and see if you can see any listed there ......( they should be)
    for example ...... Adobe has one , Flashget , Rapget and many , many others.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.