Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: audio  skipping  when   playing  (Read 1329 times)

hfterrell

audio  skipping  when   playing
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:04:28 AM »
i  have a  dell lattitude c-610 laptop  windows 2000 pro the audio from the  speakers  skips, breaks-up  also the video  hesitates  as  the  audio  breaks  up when playing  radio  on  windows  media- player or  watching  a  vidio, also  the  cursor  hesitates,  when  typing, on  the  computer, the  letters  hesitates  to  appear  on  screen,  .........can  anyone  help  me  with  this  problem  i  have  tried  everything......newbe  to  the  forum     i  also  have  ran  the  dell  dionogists   disc  everything  passed   on  computer.   this  computer  has 768-mb- ram  1-256- 1- 512
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 01:31:22 AM by hfterrell »

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

• Because beige is beautiful !!!
    Re: audio  skipping  when   playing
    « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 04:08:41 AM »
    When did this start? What are you using for virus/spyware protection? When was Windows loaded on this machine? What other problems? Do you do disk cleanups and defraging? What files are you having problems with - audio CD's, or what? More details about the hardware would be helpful.
    Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible, what happened prior to problems, etc. Too much info is OK, too little is pointless! Don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"

hfterrell

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »
    i  don.t  have  any  other  problems  with  the  computer, i  use  the  yahoo  anti-virus, i defrag  the  system  when  it  need  it, have 1-256 memory  and 1-512  i  am  getting  another 512 and  installing  it  for  a  total  of  1024  it  started  doing  this  skipping  when  i  replaced  the  hard  drive  from  a  20-gig  to  a  60-gig  i  also  have  aol  installed  on  the  pc,  the  bios  has  been  upgraded  when  i  installed  a  new  battery, i  have  amplified  speakers  attached  to  the  pc, i  tried  removing  them  but  that  did  not  help, i  also  have  an  external  keyboard  attached. also  a  camera  that  is  also  attached,

hfterrell

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 11:33:33 AM »
    windows  was  loaded  sometime  during 2003  i  have  recieved  all  the updates, i  went  to  the  web-site  and  it  said  there  were  no  avaliable  updates  at  this  time,  i  don.t  have  problems  with  no  other  files,  the  cdr/dvd/rw works  fine  when  you  are  burning  cd,s  no  problems, it  is just  when  you start  playing  them  back  on  this  pc  you  get  that  skippinng, start/ stop. breaking  up  type  of  playback,  but  that  is  not  recorded  in  the  cd  or  dvd  you  are  burning,  when  i  take  the  cd  or  dvd  that  i  recently  burned  and  put  it  on  my  cd-  player  there  is  no  skipping,  or start/ stopping  as  i  am  typing  this  reply  i  am  getting  a  1-second  delay  in  the  letters  appearing  on  the  screen.

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

• Because beige is beautiful !!!
      « Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 06:39:03 PM »
      When you reloaded Windows after replacing the drive did you load the drivers from the Dell site (updated) or off the Drivers CD?

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=LAT_PNT_P3C_C610&os=WW1&osl=EN#

If you are using XP.

I would try a reinstall of the audio drivers. Also, check for running processes in Device manager and also use the online scanner at www.trendmicro.com

Post back your results.
      Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible, what happened prior to problems, etc. Too much info is OK, too little is pointless! Don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"