Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: switcing back to media player  (Read 3250 times)

softspark

switcing back to media player
« on: September 30, 2004, 05:09:44 PM »
HI, I am helping a friend out with some computer questions.  All her music files play automatically in Real player, she would like them to play in media player.  Is there a away to have all music files open with media right off the start?  I can do this on XP.. but she has 98... and I cant figure it out.  :P

Punga

Re: switcing back to media player
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 07:52:32 AM »
Sad thing is.... I swore I had that problem before... just totally forgot the solution....

There should have been something like a preferences menu in Windows Media Player..... but you need to tell us what version of WM you are using.....

2k dummy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 08:10:17 AM »
My version of WMP is old and I never use it, so this may not apply to newer versions. Open WMP, click view, options, formats and select all. This should allow WMP to reclaim all formats that it is capable of in file associations. Real Player is fairly agressive and will probaby still open for .ra and and other Real Player formats.

Punga

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 08:22:26 AM »
Win98 supports Windows Media 9 and I stopped using it before 9 even came out.... I go for Winamp....... Mainly because my Winamp skin looks nice on my desktop. :P

robertmillar

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 09:10:52 AM »
Try looking n the propertys of the file and see if there is an associate command.  If ther is you can associate that file extension with the programme.

I think that somewhere in Real Player, you can uncheck certain programme types that you don't want to open with Real Player.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 09:11:33 AM by robertmillar »