Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Skipping Video Playback with Nero vision And Roxio  (Read 8201 times)

c_starrs

Skipping Video Playback with Nero vision And Roxio
« on: December 30, 2006, 04:15:39 AM »
My problem is that going through the process, at the point where it gives you a preview of the dvd, every few seconds the video skips (audio is fine). And when burned onto dvd and played in a stand-alone or pc the video is still skipping. I have updated the codec and my ASPI is fully working, hardware acceleration to full. But still the problem persists.

Windows XP Media Center
AMD Athlon x2 3800+
1GB DDR RAM
LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S (Driver also latest update)
NIVDIA Geforce 6100 nForce 405
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 04:16:03 AM by c_starrs »

GX1_Man

Re: Skipping Video Playback with Nero vision And R
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:22:57 AM »
What happened prior to this? What is the computer involved? Virus/spyware free? Running processes?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 05:23:43 AM by GX1_Man »

c_starrs

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 05:19:39 PM »
It's a new computer, with no adware/spyware or viruses, it's an Acer T180 DC. The processes running are in the pic of my task manager (in the zip file). Nothing happened prior to this, the video is fine during normal playback. As are all other graphics/video running on the computer. It just seems to be when i'm previewing/burning...

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:07:44 PM »
There is no good reason to preview while burning and this can cause aberrations. Try burning something without doing this and see what happens.

c_starrs

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 03:14:29 AM »
When burned,  the dvd is also jumpy. I'm stumpped too...thats why i came here. I don't know what up with it.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 06:35:50 AM »
There is no good reason to preview while burning and this can cause aberrations. [highlight]Try burning something without doing this and see what happens.[/highlight]

Do you have Nero AND Roxio both installed? One is really enough, so pick one and use it after uninstalling the other.

c_starrs

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 07:59:46 AM »
No i swapped them just to make sure that it wasn't the software. And both done the same, Currently Roxio is installed, nero isn't, though i'd prefer nero. And it's the preview before burning. that comes up automatically.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 08:00:39 AM by c_starrs »

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 06:08:51 PM »
Some have preview during burning and that can cause problems. I would look for some way to turn that off before you get too drastic with solutions.

c_starrs

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 06:16:58 PM »
The only reason it's jumpy during the burn playback it because it's not burning at realtime, it's burning faster and therefore has to jump to catch up and the burning playback is disabled. i always minimize to tray, which turns it off.

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 07:03:07 PM »
I think we are going in circles here. I don't think minimizing it is the issue. I think you need to turn off the viewing during burning. How do you know it's "jumpy during the burn playback"? What does that mean?

c_starrs

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 07:07:11 PM »
It has nothing to do with the burning stage my writer is fine. I think it's the rendering that's the problem, when i said it was jumpy i ment, that, when you use nero or roxio. A stage before it starts encoding and burning. It lets you see what u've made, so you can check if menus are working. That is jumpy along with the dvd that is burned. On a stand alone player or pc the dvd is jumpy.

GX1_Man

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 07:17:43 PM »
OK, well I am going to let someone else jump in here.

Are you running in DMA or PIO mode?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310751

c_starrs

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 04:25:07 AM »
I'm running on DMA if Available.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 02:42:06 PM »
    c_starrs..... Happy New Year.....  I have been asked by Gx1_Man to have a look at your issue and see if I am able to assist ........

If I understand , the issue ,
    When burned,  the dvd is also jumpy.
      I assume what you mean is that when you play the burnt DVD , it will
    start playing and then at one or more points, will stop momentarily and then resume playing or perhaps even stop and not resume playing ........ Does that describe whats occurring ?

I have a few questions :
    Does this occur with any dvd you attempt to burn ?

You mentioned that you use Nero to burn, Exactly which version of Nero are you using ?

If you have Nero, is it some version of a Nero Suite burning program ? and if thats the case exactly which part of the program are you using .

What is the source of the files you are trying to burn ? I'm guessing they are downloaded movie files that would contain 7 or 8 rar files each.

Get back with these answers and we can proceed.

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
      « Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 05:00:50 PM »
      Ive burned a few movies with nero 6 , i found you get the Best results if you use the slowest burn speed ,
      also if you first make and image of the DVD rather than encoding straight to disk you might also get better results

Nero should allow you to burn the Video to an Image recorder , and then you can burn the image as if it were a data Disk , and therefore not have to Encode and Burn at the same time
      Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice