Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Skipping Video Playback with Nero vision And Roxio  (Read 8325 times)

c_starrs

Re: Skipping Video Playback with Nero vision And R
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 06:03:10 PM »
When i said tht my burned dvds skipped, yes i did mean when i played burned dvds, and as i have stated it wasn't only nero i was having this problm with, it was roxio, and no the movies are in avi. File Format. And no matter how i approch burning tht dvd, The preview of the dvd on the computer, and the burned dvd it's self both skip!

If it helps any, in roxio, there is an option to text you graphic to determin wether the rendering should be done by hardware of software. Now, when i do that it automatically switches it to software "Due to the know capabilities of my hardware" but then playback is even worse! it just goes nuts jumping!! so i have to manually switch to hardware and then i get jumping every few seconds.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:17:08 PM by c_starrs »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 10:00:21 PM »
    c_starrs......  Sorry to be presistant , but I believe I asked you 5 questions....and you sort of answered the first one........ the answers to the other are just as important ...... and I would like to add one more .
    "Due to the know capabilities of my hardware"
     this suggests that you were or are trying to burn the dvd at a burn speed of something greater than either your burner or the blank dvd disks your using .
    What is the burn speed of your DVD burner ? ............    1 , 4 , 8 or 16.

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:02:40 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

c_starrs

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 04:47:07 AM »
    Does this occur with any dvd you attempt to burn ?  Yes

You mentioned that you use Nero to burn, Exactly which version of Nero are you using ? Nero 7 Ultra Edition

If you have Nero, is it some version of a Nero Suite burning program ? and if thats the case exactly which part of the program are you using . Nero Vision, but i have also trien roxio with no luck

What is the source of the files you are trying to burn ? I'm guessing they are downloaded movie files that would contain 7 or 8 rar files each. No all in avi

According to Nero InfoTool i have a read and write speed of both 48x (does that seem right?? I think thts a lil fast) and the disks have a write speed of 8x (DVD-R). But the known capabilities of my hardware message was displayed after a graphics test. I'm presuming on my video card.

Would my write speed have an efect on the burn preview, before the burning stage is reached?
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:48:59 AM by c_starrs »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 06:27:12 PM »
      c_starrs...... Please try this .......... go into Nero 7 Ultra ...and open up Nero Vision Express .......  
      once its open .......
      click "make a DVD "   then
      Click "Add video files ....... then
      Click .."Next" ...... then select the type of menu you wish and click Next
      close up the preview....... and click "NEXT" ..... then select your burner and burn speed ( I have mine set to automatic )  click burn and sit back and let it encode and burn.

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

c_starrs

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 06:33:23 AM »
      I've tried that, but this time, i added a menu. And the very animated menu didn't jump at all... only the actual video! so It must be what nero/roxio is doing to the video. Madness :P

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
        « Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 06:37:53 AM »
        have you tryed what i suggested and made an image first?
        Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

c_starrs

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 08:28:11 AM »
        yes panboy i did, but results were the same, i also have other problems which i am unable to fix, and there all to do with graphics so i am gongi to assume they are connected, i've got in touch with comet and am awaiting a responce

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 08:40:22 AM »
          Can you play these AVI on the compute with out the Skips? i didn't see it said anywhere

c_starrs

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 08:56:51 AM »
          i've already said the movie files play fine.

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 09:08:36 AM »
            your Cross encoding From NTSC to Pal arnt you, that why its going out of sync. i bet thats it

either that of a buffer under run error, which happens when your DVD drive burns faster than it can decode, to fix this you can just burn at write speed 1

c_starrs

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 09:23:44 AM »
            well yeh, i think it's the 1st one. I try to encode in PAL. Is AVI. the other one?

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 09:29:02 AM »
              its a bit weird , Vido Formats on computers work on all computers, but vido formats on TVs are Differnt

and the videos play at diffent speeds for example a Pal TV plays at 50Hz and NTSC plays at 60Hz so if you encode one to the outher you either have to much or to little and that will make the jumps happen

c_starrs

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 09:30:33 AM »
              well...on that comment, i tried encoding on that NTCS or what ever :P and it's not jumpy....its just jittery all the way through.

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 09:38:05 AM »
                Well its half fixed ^.^ and Half Broken .... err yay

c_starrs

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 09:46:09 AM »
                lol. i'll just wait and see if comet fix it :)