Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dual Processors Motherboards  (Read 2452 times)

extreme

Dual Processors Motherboards
« on: December 30, 2006, 04:32:52 AM »
Dear Users
I have HP KAYAK with intel 440BX Dual processor @ 400MHz one each motherboard. When i install Age of Mythology it showed that you still have 400MHz processor game requirements is 500MHz minumum.As windows xp support dual processors so the total speed should be 800MHz and XP was also on the taskbar showing both processors but it was only showing both processors but actual speed was still 400MHz.I have also enabled both processors from the bios but all in vain what should i do that windows XP realy dectect both processors so that complet speed should become 800MHz. Can any one help me for this prob.
Thankx (Please only those reply who knows the correct solution)

GX1_Man

Re: Dual Processors Motherboards
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 05:26:36 AM »
Dear Users
I have HP KAYAK with intel 440BX Dual processor @ 400MHz one each motherboard. When i install Age of Mythology it showed that you still have 400MHz processor game requirements is 500MHz minumum.[highlight]As windows xp support dual processors so the total speed should be 800MHz [/highlight]and XP was also on the taskbar showing both processors but it was only showing both processors but actual speed was still 400MHz.I have also enabled both processors from the bios but all in vain what should i do that windows XP realy dectect both processors so that complet speed should become 800MHz. Can any one help me for this prob.
Thankx (Please only those reply who knows the correct solution)

Who made that up? You only have 400 Mhz processors. They are not cumulative.

extreme

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 06:03:08 AM »
Dear  GX_Man
Then why there are two processors of 400MHz each on the motherboard Tell me this please why it is called then Dual Processors motherboard. I have not two procesors of 200MHz each total 400MHZ i have two processors of 400MHz each

Thankx
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 06:06:24 AM by extreme »

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:23:28 AM »
Two processors doesn't double the clock speed.
It's like two people working on a project instead of one - they can multitask better or do two jobs at once, they can't do one thing at a time faster than one person.
So the two processors will not combine their clock speeds, they will be shown as two processors at 400MHz.
Hope this makes sense.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 08:48:47 AM »
    All dual-processor means is your computer can work on two programs at once.. not the same program twice as fast.

Somewhat relevent information: dual-graphics cards does not double your video memory either. (If that's not right let me know)

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 10:10:40 AM »
    I think the below would fix you up.

If you get into Slot-t adaptors or Lin Lin adaptors
    your cost would be to high.

Katmai is really getting cheap folks.In 1999 you
    were a God! For a few months. :-? ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-PIII-600-512k-100MHz-Phillippines-SL3JM_W0QQitemZ290065747910QQihZ019QQcategoryZ14292QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 10:12:46 AM by street1 »
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.