Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Researching  (Read 2047 times)

Echo

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • Addicted to online games
    • Experience: Beginner
    Researching
    « on: December 30, 2006, 01:24:20 PM »
    1. the Topic states my bf and myself r going to build a gaming pc with a budget of$4,000.00. We have Tracks specs here and r using that as a guide. But i have 1 question. Can u use 1 monitor with 2 boxes (computers)
    Another words my bf will have 1 computer and I will have some kind of duel core..we want to share the monitor at first til i can recover the cost of this gaming pc and then go buy a really good monitor.

2. For gaming purposes only,which platform do u think is more suited for gaming? The Amd? Or the Intel? And why? We cant seem to get a sense of which is better and more upgradable for future gaming purposes
    Computer: Windows 7 ultimate/SP3,/680i lite Sli mobo/512MB DDR3 NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX/  (2GB kit (1GB x 2 Balistix 240-pin DIMM (ALIENWARE) (12/10 new hd)-seagate barracuda 7200.2 1 TB -7200rpm 32mbcache sata 3.0gb 3.5 Internal harddrive

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Researching
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 01:27:36 PM »
    You can use one monitor with 2 computers.
    You can either unplug the monitor each time you want to change between them, or buy a video switch so you can flick a switch to change the monitor between computers.
    For gaming, the CPU doesn't have much of an impact.
    If you have a large budget like that, I'd go with an Intel Core 2 Duo, because it is much more powerful than an AMD processor, and therefore you will benefit form the increased performance when you're not gaming.  Plus it will help slightly when you are gaming.
    Hope this helps.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 03:17:15 PM »
    You can use one monitor with 2 computers.
    You can either unplug the monitor each time you want to change between them, or buy a video switch so you can flick a switch to change the monitor between computers.
    For gaming, the CPU doesn't have much of an impact.
    If you have a large budget like that, I'd go with an Intel Core 2 Duo, because it is much more powerful than an AMD processor, and therefore [highlight]you will benefit form the increased performance when you're not gaming[/highlight].  Plus it will help slightly when you are gaming.
    Hope this helps.

Outside of advanced video rendering and gaming what exactly are the increased performances? (This is somewhat a rhetorical question.)

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 03:18:27 PM by GX1_Man »

Serrik

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »
    You can likely pickup a used 17 inch SVGA monitor that can do 1600x1200 if needed, used in the classified ads where you lived for about 40 bucks.  *censored*, I gave 2 away last week for free!  Use that til you can afford your second monitor.  Not only is it likely to be cheaper then a switch box, it will allow you to both use your computers at the same time.

Echo

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Addicted to online games
      « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:15:06 AM »
      ty
      Computer: Windows 7 ultimate/SP3,/680i lite Sli mobo/512MB DDR3 NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX/  (2GB kit (1GB x 2 Balistix 240-pin DIMM (ALIENWARE) (12/10 new hd)-seagate barracuda 7200.2 1 TB -7200rpm 32mbcache sata 3.0gb 3.5 Internal harddrive