Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: left-click on mouse not working  (Read 2642 times)

twi-chan

left-click on mouse not working
« on: December 31, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
Hi. I've checked through the forums and FAQ and didn't find any answer to this, so here goes...

I was using EpsXe160 Emulator to play a game today, which usually runs fine. But today, when I quit the game and returned to the Windows Desktop, I found that the left-click function on my mouse wouldn't work. The cursor still moved, and the right click function works fine, but I couldn't left-click on anything. It hovered over certain options, but I couldn't do much because I couldn't click on anything.

I've tried visiting the Mouse properties by going to the Settings --> Control Panel but couldn't find anything that disables left-click, or turns it back on. I am using Windows XP. I don't think it is the problem with the mouse because right-click works and the cursor moves, but I am at my wits end at how to fix this problem. As mentioned before, this has never happened when I used the emulator other times...

Everything else seems alright with the computer except the left-click function. I had to use keyboard shortcuts nagivate instead. I would really appreciate if someone could help me. Thank you.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: left-click on mouse not working
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:11:21 AM »
Is this a desktop Computer?If so why not go to your control panel
uninstall the mouse and reboot?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.