Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Front fan problem  (Read 2666 times)

ZealEmpire

Front fan problem
« on: December 31, 2006, 08:50:30 AM »
Hey guys your probably going to give me a couple lol's when you hear this...I just put together a brand new rig

Core 2 2.66
P5DHW Delux Mobo etc.

However I am only having one problem with the rig and that is I cant figure out how to get the front door fan to work I have the loose cable here but I am not sure where it might go on the motherboard.  The funny thing was I had it working before but I got totally sidetracked with installing a drive that it must have came unplugged during the process.  

The end connector on the cord says USB and it has 10 small holes one of which is covered.  The cord consists of two gray cables that merge at the end which reveal 2 white wires 2 green and 2 black...I hope that is descriptive enough  :-/

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Front fan problem
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 09:05:38 AM »
What exactly is the "front door" fan?  I can understand a front fan but "front door", ... I'm not sure. And, why are are talking about a USB cord?  What does that have to do with your fan?  If you're looking at a cord marked USB, then you're not looking at your fan cord.  

Do you have some documentation for your motherboard which shows various connectors (USB, fans, sound cables, etc.)?  You should have such documentation since you just put this system together.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 09:06:18 AM by soybean »

ZealEmpire

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »
Front bay door it is sorry for the wrong wording...The cord itself is part of the case not the mobo I will hook up my digital camera and snap a couple pics in a few.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 10:04:17 AM by ZealEmpire »

ZealEmpire

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:41:17 PM »
Bump^

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »
If you're looking at a cord marked USB, then you're not looking at your fan cord.  

Do you have some documentation for your motherboard which shows various connectors (USB, fans, sound cables, etc.)?  You should have such documentation since you just put this system together.  

ZealEmpire

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 08:16:50 AM »
I read through all of the documentation that came with the mobo and nothing speaks of this wire

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 09:34:37 AM »
    That wire you have there is for the USB ports of the Front of you Case, you mobo manual does not speak of it because its part of your case.

You should find in your mobo manual a diagram that has a map of your mobo and you should see a set of Pins labeled usb or front panel, and thats where that cable plugs in

as for the fan you should have another cable . with 2 or 3 small wires going to the fan , it will either be one of the large power connectors like what go's in to the hard drive, or it will be a small white connector like the one on the CPU fan, and there should a spot on you mother Bord for that to plug into
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

ZealEmpire

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 10:52:24 AM »
    Panboy thanks I did locate that 3 prong wire you spoke of and found where it plugs in on the mobo.  The plugin was located on the other side of my processor and it was concealed by the huge cpu cooler I have so it was hard to spot!  Thanks guys for your help much appreciated!