Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re-installing Office 2003 Professional Edition  (Read 2456 times)

tboy34

Re-installing Office 2003 Professional Edition
« on: January 01, 2007, 07:36:01 AM »
I have windows XP professional with service pack 2 on my computer. I'm using Office professional Edition 2003 (Academic Edition) on my computer as well. I just want to reinstall Outlook 2003. When I load the disc to reinstall I get a message from "Windows Installer" That says, "THE INSTALLATION SOURCE FOR THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE. VERIFY THAT THE SOURCE EXISTS AND THAT YOU CAN ACCESS IT". Can anyone tell me what this means, and maybe how to fix it so I can reinstall Outlook??

Serrik

Re: Re-installing Office 2003 Professional Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:20:47 AM »
Leave the CD out of the drive, you may or may not need it on hand however.

Click START->Control Panel

Double click add/remove programs

Find Microsoft Office 2003 and click "CHANGE" not delete.

Choose "add or remove features" and follow the wizard to add Outlook to your installed office programs.

Serrik

Re: Re-installing Office 2003 Professional Edition
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 12:41:08 PM »
Well, if it were my computer I would try to completely uninstall Office 2003 and reinstall it after with the options I wanted.

If you try that be sure you have your office CD and your key code before you do.

If you still get the error there is the Microsoft Windows installer cleanup utility which may help.  You should carefully, carefully, read the instructions from Microsoft before you use it, and if in doubt about anything, ask first.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us