Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IBM Thinkpad Laptop Crashes  (Read 2186 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
IBM Thinkpad Laptop Crashes
« on: January 01, 2007, 10:27:36 PM »
 :-? :-?Anyone have a decoding reference or seen this error before to know what is causing it? I thought it was the hard drive, so I installed a new hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro SP2, and performed all updates, but she is still having a problem with the system. I know its not the hard drive or anything on it. Any suggestions or tools that might bring the problem to the surface???

This is what my friend reported to me:

Laptop crashed  went to blue screen and said it was dumping files. Here is the error signature:
Same thing it did a week or two before a total clean reinstall of OS Windows XP Pro SP2 on IBM Thinkpad Laptop 512MB Ram, 40GB HD, Pentium 4 CPU.

BC code 100000d1
BCP1 80800000
BCP2  00000010
BCP3 00000000
BCP4  F6666C66
OSVer  5_1_2600
SP  2_0
Product 256_1

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: IBM Thinkpad Laptop Crashes
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:47:27 AM »
    I hit the Google button for you and found this

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-34344-Computer-restarting-or-freezing-usually-when-loading-desktop.html

These guys seem to think its a Ram problem

i would tend to agree blue screens are often caused by memory read write errors, and since its a new install of XP its probably not an application trying to write to protected space
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:51:35 AM by panboy »
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »
    Hey panboy ... I will check into the memory. Hoping it has 2 sticks so I can have her remove one and see if the problem goes away vs buying new Ram to test this.

Thanks

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:39:53 PM »
    www,memtest86.com for a free test. Check each stick for 30 minutes or so individually, then all together.