Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP install hangs at "I agree"  (Read 4431 times)

GNA

XP install hangs at "I agree"
« on: October 01, 2004, 07:37:41 PM »
Hi, Trying to install XP on a new replacement Maxtor 120GB HD (long story behind that but I'll skip it for now, all legal, formatted etc etc. The installation runs fine untill the licensing agreement screen F8=I agree, ESC=I do not agree and PAGE UP=Previous Page. ESC works OK, Page up (& dn) work OK, F8 does nothing.  ???
Beats me, any ideas please.
Regards, GNA

merlin_2

Re: XP install hangs at "I agree"
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 01:22:18 AM »
check your bios settings...to setup defaults...see your keyboard maybe configured wrong?is the num lock on?installation info here>http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxphome/installxpcdnewhdd/index.htm

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 03:08:58 AM »
If Escape does work, then it is not the Windows XP install that is malfunctioning. Is your keyboard functioning properly? Is it USB or PS/2?

GNA

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 08:20:15 PM »
HI and thanks for the replies. Resolved!! The F Lock on my MS natural keyboard wasn't on and that disables F8 (at least in this instance).
Regards, GNA  :-[

Mac

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 05:53:54 AM »
I hope you used AutoStreamer 1·0 to add SP2 to your XP CD and burn a new XP CD from the .iso image, before installing.

You get a nice clean install that way. Faster too.

You can add the recovery console and Fax software too, if you want to.

Did you partition the drive so that you can image the installation more easily?