Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook contacts format question  (Read 3377 times)

4Ccaroline

Outlook contacts format question
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:13:49 AM »
The IT department of the company I work for have exported all the contacts in our global contacts folder to Excel where I tidied them up and they then re-imported them back into Excel. Unfortunately the desired format for the telephone numbers does not seem to be working.

The standard format for telephone numbers is +44 (0) 20......

We would like the telephone number to look like this: +44 20.... so that it is compatible with the Directors' PDAs.

The numbers are all in this format in excel but when they have been imported the '+' sign has been lost....

To make matters worse when you open the indivudual record, and open up the telephone number field it then puts another +44 infront of the number because the default country is the UK (which is correct) so the number then looks like: +44 44 20....

To complicated matters further the default country is the UK regardless of what country the address states.

My IT department says the only way to fix this is to go into each record individually and manually change the number.

There are 1000 records and I really don't have time.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!