Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express backup ?  (Read 2081 times)

Giulia19

Outlook Express backup ?
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:46:52 AM »
Hello,

I just got a new PC... ( was the time for it ). I need to move all my Outlook Express mail from the old pc to this new one.. Anyone can help? ( I know how to move folders, but I don't know how to copy signatures, rules, settings, and contacts ) :-[

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Outlook Express backup ?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:42:26 AM »
You could use a third party OE backup tool such as Outlook Express Backup Wizard.  For doing it manually, here's a good reference: How to backup Outlook Express (OE) Email.  And, here's Microsoft's page on How to back up and recover Outlook Express data.

I've used a manual procedure in cases where I've needed to migrate OE from one computer to another.  The Microsoft reference is a good explanation of the manual procedure.

Giulia19

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 01:14:27 AM »
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I did a search on the net and found also: http://www.amicutilities.com/outlook-express-backup/

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 09:42:22 AM »
That seems to be good one, assuming the awards and testimonials are genuine.  So, if you don't mind spending some money for software to do this, you should a tool that makes it easy to backup OE.