Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dont know what to make of this!  (Read 2078 times)

Darncomputer

Dont know what to make of this!
« on: January 05, 2007, 08:02:47 PM »
I have had this P4 for over 2 years now and on the net (broadband)and I have learnt to be a fairly good problem solver. I started having a few problems over Xmas and new years which I was puting down to overrun slow internet. I have also changed my security and thought I may have a virus or something.
Its fair to think my pc was fairly clogged up, or I had suspicions of the harddrive. I backed everything up on a 300G external harddrive. I then removed the internal harddrive and replaced it with a clean 160G harddrive.
Reloaded everything I use. Everything is working and  faster as expected BUT. I have some kind of problem for example:
When scrolling down a file page eg. (documents) there seem to be this kind of delay were it takes the visual items a second to settle. Scrolling down on any internet page is worse. Its has a visual effect like seeing the screen under water when you scroll down and its frustrating, inconvenient and dissorientating.
My worst problem is: I play guitar, write music and have been recording and succesfully using a program called Cubase. This program is reloaded and working but not properly. In playback I have an allmost 1 second delay from when I push play. You should be able to click anywere on the playing track and it used to be instant! as it should be. With recording you can only tollerate minute delays (latency). As it is now it is useless.
I dont know what the problem is???, maybe hardware????? I've checked everything I can think of and spent much time searching for the problem.
Really hoping someones going to know the answer to this one.
Cheers. Dan.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Dont know what to make of this!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:30:45 PM »
CuBase is a high maintenence high demand program...have you tried to re-install it with all the latest updates ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Darncomputer

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »
CuBase is a high maintenence high demand program...have you tried to re-install it with all the latest updates ? ?

I think its fairly well up to date and has always worked perfectly well before this. I'm sure its not the problem. It seems to be the way my computer is operating since I put in the new drive but this is the drive I ran Cubase on as an external through USB 2 and it was fine. Its a newer harddrive and I thought it should all work better as an internal.
Considering whats causing the visual problems I have when scrolling pages of Any kind especially the internet is what I noticed first.
I dont know much about hardware but I'm thinking it is something on that line. Or some setting that i dont know about maybe.? combatibillity?????? :-/
I dunno :-?

Darncomputer

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:52:14 PM »

The strangest thing. There was one selection in my Cubase program that i missed. Cubase-device setup had asio driver selected were it should of had my soundcard selected 'Edirol UA-1ex'. This fixed the delay with Cubase and strangely enough it has fixed all the graphics problems for everything else. I dont know why this selection in Cubase can effect the graphics through other operations on my pc weather I was using the program or not.
But anyway, I'm happier now

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 08:21:16 AM »
Glad you're fixed up and Welcome Aboard ! Stop by anytime...

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "