Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Broadband to browser problem  (Read 2955 times)

mikexposx

Broadband to browser problem
« on: January 09, 2007, 05:48:38 AM »
hello there, i have been connected to broadband for a few months now and been happy with the service. i am connected as the second computer with a wireless usb transmittor connecting to a Voyager router down stairs. Recently it has been absoutley fine but i did two things first i used the disk defragmentor because someone suggested it was a smart idea so i did to both drives and also i went into the registry editor to make it so the internet explorer wouldnt start automatically as the computer started and it seemed to work after then but now even when it says the connection is fine with the router it lets me go no further then google my homepage. Unusually though when i plug in my original modem with normal speed internet it allows me to surf the web normally, so there isnt anything wrong with the explorer i assume. Can u help?

Mike Munroe

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Broadband to browser problem
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:49:01 AM »
The homepage is probably a cached version and you might have no connection. Sometimes when getting dis-connected you have to re-acquire the signal...do this by right clicking on the wireless icon in the tray and select properties.

patio.   8-)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:49:25 AM by patio »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "