Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse disconnects when loading Windows  (Read 2079 times)

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
  • Experience: Experienced
Mouse disconnects when loading Windows
« on: January 09, 2007, 06:21:09 AM »
I am trying to fix problems by reloading windows XP Pro but every time I try it gets to the point of installing windows (4th step) and a pop up comes up telling me that the software of for Realtek AC97 audio has not passed Windows Logo testing and asks me to click yes or no, and at this time my Microsoft mouse disconnects so I can't click anything. And there it  sits.

Setup will complete in 34 minutes. Restarting the computer takes it back to the beginning of the 4th step but every time I restart the mouse quits.

What options do I have? Will it ever make a decision on its own and continue without me clicking?

I made this computer so there is no help there.

Sandy

Update: I disconnected everything exept the mouse and got past the RealTek, now it wants the D-Link CD and I can't find that (used it two days ago)  and now even though the mouse is lit up, I can't click yes or no on that!

Update: found the CD (not in its case) and now I'm down to 19 minutes.  Looks like it may go this time!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:06:32 AM by ischemic »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Mouse disconnects when loading Windows
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:38:59 AM »
If it fails or stalls this time power down and gently clean that XP CD with a lint-free cloth.

You could also remove the DLink device and install it after you have XP running...

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

stumble

Topic Starter

Beginner

• me(mother) and my daughter (left)
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 07:17:04 AM »
I made a new partition and am trying to put windows on it. So I can move  everything to it and do a clean install on C.  So, there is no CD to clean off,  the install program is on the new partition.

Today at the 37 minute mark it says file needed - the file VIAAGP1.SYS filter drive disk is needed and even through the mouse is lit up it won't move to click ok, cancel or browse.  I keep rebooting and it keeps doing the same thing.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 02:11:49 PM »
In your first post towards the end you said you found the CD and it was going welll...now in this post you state you are installing from another partition and there is no CD.

You will have to provide much more and accurate info on how you are actually going about this re-install and what exactly you want to accomplish before i can continue...

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "