Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows media player won't start  (Read 4921 times)

Woodentop

Windows media player won't start
« on: October 03, 2004, 09:57:41 AM »
Hi, I recently disabled my Norton Antivirus(NAV) and installed Kaspersky Anti virus Personal. It did a marvellous job of discovering all the viruses that NAV hadn't but now when my son wants to listen to his music on Windows Media player(WMP) the WMP window appears but the visualisation window and Media play list fail to load   >:( . We have uninstalled and installed WMP several times but the problem persists. We have tried loading the program differently i.e Start/Programs/WMP, Taskbar/Desktop/WMP with the same result :-[ Please help.

Raptor

merlin_2

Re: Windows media player won't start
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 11:38:45 AM »
as windows media is bug ridden some may argue!...why do you have two anti-virus programs...when you mean disable ..uninstall it?what version of wmp is this and the old age question what  is your operating system... just to rant i will have this on my gravestone...no reflection on you i may add...ok iwould go back to square on ...uninstall both anti-virus programs...un plug the cable from the net...clean the reg out...and download anti Vir personal edition...from majorgeeks.com...and the beauty of it its Free...and works a treat...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 11:42:22 AM by merlin_2 »

Woodentop

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 02:42:44 PM »
well in answer to your questions:
i am running windows me
it is wmp version 9, downloaded from microsoft.com
and it shows no error.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 12:55:51 PM »
do you wish to re-install winme and see if it cures it...locate the c:\windows\option cabs folder...next to the scanreg icon is one called setup...click this icon and it will re-install winme without losing any files...it may cure your problem....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 12:56:19 PM by merlin_2 »