Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: after system transferred, windows doesnt load  (Read 3541 times)

Chris_E

after system transferred, windows doesnt load
« on: October 03, 2004, 03:06:12 PM »
I have windows 98 and accidentely deleted some system files, so that windows couldnt load.  So I put the boot disc in and used the command "sys c:" and it said "system transferred". now as i read on the computerhope webside I usually should be able to load windows again. But whenever I start my computer, the windows loading screen pops up for about a second, but then i get the Startup Menu screen and whatever i press windows just wont load and it gives me A:\> instead. If I put C:\WINDOWS>win, it loads windows for a while but then I get the error message:
"VFAT Device Initialization Failed - a device or resource by VFAT is not present or is unavailable. VFAT cannot continue loading. - system halted."

Can someone please help me and tell me what I have to do? I'm at the end...i tried so many different things and nothing works.
Thanks, Chris

Chris_E

Re: after system transferred, windows doesnt load
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 03:13:23 PM »
well thanks a lot!!!! I'll check the link out. you hopefully really helped me with that!
Chris