Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word and page numbering when printing  (Read 2659 times)

CindyM

Topic Starter

Rookie
    MS Word and page numbering when printing
    « on: January 11, 2007, 03:03:06 PM »
    I have some reports that have footers with page numbering.  The page numbers are correct when viewing the document on the screen, but when I print it out, the page numbers are all wrong.  Anybody know what might be wrong?

Thanks for any help!!!

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: MS Word and page numbering when printing
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »
    This usually depends on the size of the paper. Are you trying to say that one page on the computer comes out of the printer as one and 1/2 and it is printing the page numbers in order as they come out.
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

CindyM

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 04:27:44 PM »
      I'm printing on 8-1/2 x 11.  What I mean is that on the screen my footer says "page 1 of 3," "page 2 of 3," and "page 3 of 3," just the way it should.  However, when I print the document, it says "page 1 of 1" etc.  The pages aren't getting chopped off, just the footer numbering is incorrect.

mundesley

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 08:35:24 AM »

CindyM

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 09:15:30 AM »
        Thanks!  I checked out the link and this sounds exactly like what is happening on my customer's end when she receives my files.  We'll give this a try!

-Cindy

Nancy_O

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:50:14 PM »
        Do you have anything else in the footnotes and if not get rid of the footnotes and then just insert "PAGE NUMBERS"