Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mobility / Radeon 9200/9250 identification needed  (Read 3792 times)

SyneWave

Mobility / Radeon 9200/9250 identification needed
« on: January 19, 2007, 06:18:55 AM »
When I bought my NEW computer last 2005 Nov. I thought I would treat myself to a decent graphic card so that we could play games without the hassle.

NEW Computer: Pentium 4. 3.0gHz, 512 ram. Windows ME
NEW Graphic card.  (Box says LINK3D)
Card = CP Technology Co Ltd.
MOBILITY/RADEON 9200/9250
128mb.

It came with a CD which self installs the correct driver for my OS. (?)

BUT having bought an relatively old game for Christmas, (Call of Duty), I was very disappointed that it wouldn't play. The graphics are all spikey across the screen and I cannot make anything out.
SO, I contacted Activision and spoke with a really nice chap, who suggested that it be a problem with the driver. Also, Mobility suggests a Laptop, which I do not have.
Along I troll to ATI's site and post of a ticket. Got a reply which tells me to find out what card I actually have. On the control panel for the card it clearly states MOBILITY/RADEON. So far since reposting the answer back to ATI they have not responded.

You are my last hope before I sell the card......

If you are familiar with these, you might also know that they use CATALYST for some part of the driver. But when I run the download to install it says I do not have the required Hardware??  or doah !!

Also, I am not sure if I uninstalled the generic driver which is for the onboad graphic chip. I did find S3 stuff, which I dumped, then dumped the Radeon driver, got back to a failsafe screen, then reloaded the Radeon stuff. Everything seemed to be OK, except when it went to standby, it upset the desktop when it came back to life.
----------
SO what do I want?

1/ To know what my card actually is
2/ A driver that will make this game work.

Coffee time......

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Mobility / Radeon 9200/9250 identification nee
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:28:57 AM »
DLoad and run Everest Home and it will tell you every component in that machine.
I suspect they didn't sell you what you asked for but let's wait for the Everest report before jumping to any conclusions.

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "