Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Start menu dissapears from the Desktop  (Read 1976 times)

pavlad

Start menu dissapears from the Desktop
« on: January 16, 2007, 06:22:52 AM »
Hello, few days ago I managed to get a new monitor for a network computer (we use xps), and in the same time I got an administrator account on the same computer. Sometimes after closing a programme I find out that the size of the desktop is smaller (has black border around), then I manually resize it. That's not such a big problem (although it's a bit annoying and I would welcome advice about what to do with it). The really weird thing is that the whole Start menu dissapears, and I can access only normal desktop icons. When I restart the computer it comes back but then again.. resizing the desktop etc. Anyone to help me? It will be greately appreciated.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Start menu dissapears from the Desktop
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:31:43 PM »
Right clik on an empty area of the desktop and select Properties/Settings...try a few different size resolutions til you find the one that suits you...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Nancy_O

Re: Start menu dissapears from the Desktop
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 04:08:12 PM »
You also could have your taskbar on autohide.  Go into settings and taskbar/start menu and see if that is ticked or not.