Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell C610 Laptop won't boot  (Read 2360 times)

shilohin

Dell C610 Laptop won't boot
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »
Hi,

I have a Dell C610 laptop, 1GHz, 40Mb HDD, 256Mb RAM, running WinXP Pro.  Laptop is normally used in it's Dell docking station, but not always.  Docking station is networked (wired) to desktop computer.  I was using the laptop yesterday browsing the web when Windows locked up.  No blue screen, cursor gone, could not navigate by keyboard, but image still being displayed on the monitor.  I held the power button down for 4 seconds to shut the machine down.  When I tried to reboot, power came on but no BIOS display on the screen, no video at all as monitor was in sleep mode and did not wake up.  I could hear hard drive spinning up.  After about 15 seconds, the laptop powered itself off.  I tried booting free of the docking station, still no video and powered itself off after 15 secs.  I replaced hard drive with a good spare with same results.  Removed RAM and reseated.  Same results.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  A+ certified tech here but have little experience with laptop repair.  Thanks.