Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Crazy Spyware/Virus...no clue how to get rid of it  (Read 2748 times)

concericus77

Crazy Spyware/Virus...no clue how to get rid of it
« on: January 19, 2007, 09:44:09 AM »
I have tried multiple free and purchased spyware removing programs and virus scan programs and this virus or whatever the heck it is will not go away. Basically Its just random advertisements and popups, and sometimes its just the sound from the popupwindows. It is relly annoying having to listen to the same ad for some random company. Not sure what this is or how serious the damage could be but I really have no clue on what to do about this virus...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

My Computer (built by myself):
AMD 4200+ X2 2x512 cache
Barebones case which included motherboard and 240watt power supply
7900GT GeForce 265mb video card
two Hard drives 250gbSATA and 400gbPATA
Sony 16x DVD/CD RW drive
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:51:50 AM by concericus77 »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Crazy Spyware/Virus...no clue how to get rid o
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:05:22 AM »
DLoad and run a little ditty called Shoot the Messenger.
Post the programs you have run to get rid of the annoyances.

And possibly your OS as well.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

SHENGTON

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 09:39:49 PM »
I think it's an spyware, adware and malware. Scan your PC with Anti-Spyware. Try to download this Anti-Spywares, adwares and malwares "Spybot- Search and Destroy" http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html?tag=lst-0-1 and SmitfraudFix http://securityticker.blogspot.com/2006/05/easy-fix-for-spyware-and-virus-alert.html

concericus77

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 11:05:58 PM »
I still havent fixed the problem of random music and ads playing through the speakers its really frustrating, and at this point multiple ads will stack on top of each other and play like 2 or 3 advertisements at once. Still not sure what to do.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:41:17 PM »
    concericus77........ Perhaps you get let us in on ........
    What operating system are you using ?
    Exactly what malware scanners have you actually run ?
    Have you run these scans in normal or safe mode ?
    Can you take a screen shot of the pop ups your getting ?

In short , assist us to assist you .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

concericus77

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »
    I'm Using Windows XP Professional w/ SP2 and I have used SpywareBot, Ad-Aware Professional, McAfee Anti-Virus, and a University Software that is supposed to help with viruses. I've run all of these scans in normal mode. The main things are popups, warning messages, and lots of advertisement dialogue (actuall sound coming out of my speakers that I described earlier), now there are multiple windows that ask me to install foreign lanuage software???,  and also the popup windows often have two or three scrollbars on the right side which I thought was odd. Also everytime I scan even if its like a few minutes after I have supposedly "deleted" the viruses from the previous scan it will still find more viruses, or trojans or whatever the heck they are. Hopefully this is enough information to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with?...thanks again.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 12:57:01 AM by concericus77 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 02:31:51 AM »
       concericus77......  ok ...we're getting there , but the screenshot is so small that I cant read it ....... Could ypu please post one thats a large enough to read.
      Also what viruses are being found that cannot be deleted ? The same question applies to the trojans ....which ones ........?

Try this ......D/L ...ewido/avg antispyware   ........ v7.5
      once its installed ,
      Turn off system restore ....... then reboot into safe mode ........
      Run the anti virus scan and the the AVG antispyware remove anything thats found .
      Reboot back into normal mode and see how things are , if they are still not right ..... D/l hijackthis and scan your machine , save the log file and post it here for us to examine.

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:34:29 AM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.