Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sun Storage  (Read 3871 times)

leekk8

Sun Storage
« on: January 19, 2007, 09:24:35 AM »
Can I connect 2 servers to a Sun Storage? Do I need any license? I wish to connect a Sun server with Solaris 10 and a HP server with Linux AS 3 to the Sun Storage using Fibre Channel. I've installed HBA card into both servers respectively.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:26:34 AM by leekk8 »

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Sun Storage
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 09:31:54 AM »
You might try emailing Sun or your supplier.  I for one have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, I'm afraid.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

banjo67xxx

Re: Sun Storage
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 06:11:36 AM »
It would be helpful if you said which Sun Storage array you are using, but in any case none of them require a license to attach extra hosts.

Some arrays such as the SE9900 series Hitachi Lightning arrays require licenses per TB of storage, and extra features such of Shadow Image. But if you have enough HBAs on the array and the servers, then you don't need a licnese to connect the host.

If you're talking Veritas Volume Manager which is host based RAID software, then you need licenses to run that on each host (except if your storage is SSA, A5000, A5100 or A5200 of course)

Please supply more details? ....