Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Right Speaker Won't Work  (Read 1803 times)

PugPrussian

Right Speaker Won't Work
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:12:59 AM »
First of all, please let me apologize up front if this post drags on...  But I don't think this can be brief.  I own an emachines (model T-6522).  It has an 2.2 gig AMD Athlon processor, 1 gig PC 3200 DDR RAM, 200 gig hard drive.  Graphics and sound on an integrated card.  One day while playing Medieval Total War, the right speaker started to fade and then it quit working altogether.  I have it hooked up to an offbrand 27" LCD TV, so I thought it was the TV.  After hooking up PC speakers to the computer, I found out that it wasn't.  

I've:  a) tried updating the audio driver.  No dice.  b) deleted the audio driver and reinstalled it.  No dice.  c) ran the registry cleaner (Not sure why, it was recommended by someone).  No dice.  All diagnostics say the speakers should be working right.  The left one does...  just not the right.

Maybe the connector was bad?  I went out and bought a nice, inexpensive Creative sound card, disabled the integrated sound, correctly installed the sound card, correctly installed the drivers and software that came with it...  Hooked the speakers up to the new card...  And the right speaker still doesn't freakin' work...

I'm now leaning toward a problem with the motherboard.  I'm not an expert...  I know just enough to be dangerous...  Has anyone heard of anything this crazy?  I'm officially out of ideas.      

Thanks,
The Prussian

noclaim

Re: Right Speaker Won't Work
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 06:02:33 PM »
Have you tried speakers from another computer that are known to be working?

PugPrussian

Re: Right Speaker Won't Work
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 10:19:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply...  Yeah, I've tried three separate speakers for the right.  I just did a complete restrore last night...  It's driving me crazy.  After it was all said and done, it still doesn't work.  It's got to be a piece of hardware, but I'm now at the limits of my PC knowledge...  

Thanks again.