Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: graphics card  (Read 1681 times)

jacklee70

graphics card
« on: January 27, 2007, 11:30:03 AM »
I have a dell dimension 2350.I just put more memory in it. And i was thinking about buying a graphics card to change the old one out, but I don't know what kind to get.Something a little better then the one it has now. The manual says it has a intel intergrated AGP ,the computer says 3D extreme graphics  64 MB. And the manual says the power supply is 200 watts. Could I get a better video card that will run on 200 watts? And will my computer take AGP cards? I don't play a whole lot of  games but I would like my graphics to look better if i can, and for other stuff like video. Would like to know what all you think?  Thanks                                                        

The one that is Fx5200 with 128 MB or 256 MB?  More info
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 01:48:57 PM by jacklee70 »

GX1_Man

Re: graphics card
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »
That machine has 3 PCI slots, no AGP slot and integrated graphics.

You may get an older PCI card that will improve things and be usable with that PSU, but nothing beyond an FX5200. They also use a proprietary power supply so you cannot just get one off the shelf at your local stores. A few companies sell aftermarket PSU's that can get you to 300-350 watts, but they're not exactly cheap and you still only would have PCI video.

Those were meant to be basic systems, not gaming rigs, hence the low price.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 12:44:31 PM by GX1_Man »