Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse pointer missing (but still working in back)  (Read 2601 times)

Majnrae

Mouse pointer missing (but still working in back)
« on: January 26, 2007, 02:42:02 PM »
Characters:
1) Ole Faithful - hereafter referred to as "old PC" 1.7 ghz, 700 ram  Dell desktop
2) Antagonist - hereafter referred to as "new PC" 2.7 ghz, 1 gig ram, (2) GE force 6600 vid cards 256 mb linked together miraculously
3) Me - girl at her wits end
4) Mouse - Microsoft wireless kind

Tale:
I have a frustrating problem. I upgraded to a used (new for me) PC a couple weeks ago.  I still switch between the new one and my old one.  This consists of me switching out the mouse, keyboard, monitor, internet connection so that I can still use certain programs on my old PC.  

I had switched over to my old computer for a couple days and last night when I went to go plug everything back in to the new one, the mouse will not work. You can see things being highlighted but there is no pointer graphic which makes it very difficult to tell where the mouse is.  When I plug everything back into my old PC the mouse works fine.

I am not computer savvy and would greatly appreciate any insight anyone might have.  I had uninstalled my mouse from new PC and it still had the problem.  I also turned it off and restarted it numerous times.  Plugged it in and out numerous times.  And I went into my devices and everything seemed to be normal.

Cheers,

Lauren

Nancy_O

Re: Mouse pointer missing (but still working in ba
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 03:00:36 PM »
Have you tried going into control panel/ mouse /pointer ?