Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Reinstall error  (Read 1910 times)

halonx2o

Windows Reinstall error
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:01:47 PM »
It all starts off with a simple update. One afternoon I received the notification to install IE 7. I clicked the notification and the process starts. As it finishes it tells me to restart my computer. I restart it and it seems as if it is going fine. As soon as it is done loading windows my computer restarts. I watch it again and it does this in a continuous cycle.

So I though to myself, I might try the repair function on my CD. I put my XP CD in and went through with the process. Now what seems to have happened is that it installed a new Windows XP and is running extremely slow. It is telling me that I need to reactivate and it tells me this in safe mode also. Im stumped on what to do.

I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get. Im not sure what to do from this point on

Thank you very much.

Robert.

Nancy_O

Re: Windows Reinstall error
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 03:18:39 PM »
When you reinstalled did you delete any partitions?  Are you saying that because it is running so slow that you might have two operating systems on it? Is this not the same operating system that was on it before?  and.....is it a legal copy?  Gee I thought I typed this somewhere else!

halonx2o

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 03:56:46 PM »
Im not sure if i deleted any partitions or not. I dont think I did. I might have two operating systems on it, that is a good thought. It is the same OS as before. and I am pretty sure it is a legal copy. My friend did all the installtion of Windows when I got this computer.

stephen.marki

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:52:47 AM »
So what you are saying is after you installed IE 7 and restarted the computer it gets to the MicroSoft Windows XP screen and then it restarts... That is what happened to me before... Well... It happened because my Tower fell of my desk (Stupid dog) and the hard drive screwed up... What you should do is reinstall windows and then try... If not... Call geek squad

tpolcha

Hopeful
    « Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »
    I just thought of trying system restore.  Also, MS Windows has an open forum and discussion area.