Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet connection recognised but cant use  (Read 2989 times)

princess_nat_88

Internet connection recognised but cant use
« on: January 28, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »
Hey!

This is my first call for help :) I have an acer aspire 3680 WXMi and I use windows xp and wireless internet. However the last couple of days it has been recognising the connection- the bubble in the bottom right comes up and says so. However when I go into internet explorer it doesnt let me go to any pages, and it says that it isnt connected to the internet. What is going on? The other computers in the house are working fine, no problems, and they run off the same internet. I have tried with the wireless internet at uni also with the same problem. It is not only internet explorer though, limewire and party poker wont connect either.

Please help!
Thanks

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Internet connection recognised but cant use
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 07:24:25 PM »
Have a read > here <(it should work for almost any LAN connection) and also try this, go to Internet Explorer->Tools->Internet Options and make sure your dial-up option is set to "Never dial a connection". Hope that helps ;D.

8-)fffreak
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:25:07 PM by fffreak »
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

princess_nat_88

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 08:12:44 PM »
Thankyou sooo much! I am at uni and now working from the wireless here. I will see how it goes at home but it should work I assume. Great work!

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 08:14:54 PM »
Your welcome, happy to help ;).

8-)fffreak
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.