Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Safe Browser  (Read 7702 times)

oddjob

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Safe Browser
    « Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 04:04:25 AM »
    The biggest risk is just being human - everyone makes mistakes, and some are more prone to make them than others.
    Indeed. One of the best security tools is common sense ....

http://info.org.il/irrelevant/may02-smilepop-soapbox4.swf

pantherman

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 07:03:08 AM »
      Thanks Patio. I will get on to Orange and ask. I am using Firefox now and will see how things go with it.

GX1_Man

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 07:32:01 AM »
      I use quite a few of those, and some others.
      I agree though, it is getting more than ridiculous, the amount of protection needed to stay safe (I know there's no such thing as totally safe, I mean reasonably safe) on the internet and maintain Windows.
      The biggest risk is just being human - everyone makes mistakes, and some are more prone to make them than others.
      It must be nice to be so used to using Linux that you're [highlight]amazed [/highlight]by Windows' faults and the amount of security needed.
      I might even get there one day.

Actually I am not amazed with that. I am amazed at the quantity of programs needed to safely be online with that. I do use some basic programs on my Windows boxes - Spybot, CCleaner, and AVG. I have never had any issues they could not resolve, but I may be more selective in my sites and habits than others.  ;)