Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Accidentally Deleted Windows Components...  (Read 2461 times)

truax

Accidentally Deleted Windows Components...
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »
I was going through my computer and deleting some un-used programs and somehow accidentally deleted some major windows components. Now i do not have the Speaker volume indicator on the bottom of my screen, and also it cannot load the same profile every time so i lose any saved changes to said profile...Its windows xp.
            ...any suggestions?

Gizmo73

Intermediate

• We do only what we are meant to do
    Re: Accidentally Deleted Windows Components...
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:47:41 PM »
    To get the volume icon back on the taskbar, go to Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. Under Device Volume, check the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" option. If there's an error that comes saying to go to Add/Remove Programs, then you're have to just that. In Add/Remove Program, you can try to install the volume icon in Add/Remove components. Scroll through the list to see if you can find it. If not, you'll have to install it from the CD.

When you say you're having trouble with your profiles, do you mean hardware profiles? What exactly is wrong with them?

Gizmo73

GX1_Man

Re: Accidentally Deleted Windows Components...
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 03:47:04 AM »
    If you have a real Windows CD you can try a repair install.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

If not, you can backup your data and try a format and reinstall. If you actually deleted the components, then getting an icon back is the least of your problems, and that won't make it work.