Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC advice- what to upgrade  (Read 5650 times)

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: PC advice- what to upgrade
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »
Indeed.
When I first read it I thought he was on about another PC, now I see he's not.
That would be a priority then, if I were you I'd sort out the clicking noise before upgrading anything.

radiator

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 02:32:14 PM »
I know, I need to look into that... hopefully I will get a chance tonight.  I have had the PC for over a year now and I'm pretty sure it has always made that sound?  Its not a loud clicking... and it doesn't always do it..just when it is doing heavy internet based functions or gaming intensive. I have heard many older PC's make that sound when they are doing heavy processing?  Either way I should run the diognostic.  

One last question.. any idea what ccAPP means? Any time I go to restart I get a screen saying it is ending that program... sorry to sound like such a nOOb.

Thanks!

linuxlover

Hopeful
  • That's not Data!
    « Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 02:35:45 PM »
    I'd say graphics card. 7600GS is amazing. But i haven't had much experience except that X300SE, rage 128 pro, and TNT2 suck. I'd get another hard drive just in case. Doesn't have to be expensive. Even a 40GB will do. You can always add more later.
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:36:05 PM by linuxlover »
    System Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    1024MB DDR400
    GeForce 7600GS
    160GB SATA II
    500-watt PSU
    Techforumz.tk