Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pop up blocker but I can't find it  (Read 2819 times)

radiator

pop up blocker but I can't find it
« on: January 31, 2007, 02:48:27 PM »
I swear I feel more and more computer illiterate every day.  My wifes computer has some sort of pop up blocker.  It doesn't say a pop-up was blocked in the top left, and to the best of my knowledge and searching there doesn't seem to be any pop-up blocking software.  Its really annoying beacuse if you go to a site where a pic can be enloarged with pop-up, it won't let you unless you get lucky.  Sometimes it takes 10-15 clicks to finally get the pop-up to work and each time you click unsucessfully you year that bloop sound (like a pop-up).  I have disabled the pop-up blocker in IE and still no go.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:48:55 PM by radiator »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: pop up blocker but I can't find it
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »
This might be long and tedious but post a list of the software currently installed...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: pop up blocker but I can't find it
    « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 04:00:48 PM »
    Have you run your antivirus & antispyware lately / booted into Safe Mode & see if it pops up / run 'msconfig' to see what's running when you boot?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!