Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows me trouble  (Read 2060 times)

railking6

windows me trouble
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:26:15 PM »
just need a little help
Hp
667mhz intel
128mb sdram w/ 1mb allocated video
Intel 82810 onboard video card
windows me

i rescently installed nortan antivirus. after i removed viruses and rebooted my computer starting giving me error messages from kernell32.dll and ddraw.dll. ive tried reinstalling the drivers and doing a system restore, but still have the errors. my directx shows errors about couldnt get additional video information and its not showing the chipset information on the video page of directx diagnostics. having similar problems with my sound. seems like i lost some of my drivers. i dont have a windows me install disk so i can reinstall.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: windows me trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:35:52 PM »
You need to run Everest to see what video and audio
you have then you canfind and download them,or someone
here will help.

EVEREST
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:37:14 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
Everyone needs a real WIndows CD eventually. This may be your time. If you are the original owner HP may send you one for a small fee, if they are still available.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:41:22 PM »
Everyone needs a real Windows CD eventually. This may be your time. If you are the original owner HP may send you one for a small fee, if they are still available.

You should ONLY use drivers from the HP site. You can find them based on your model number.  ;)