Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sites Don't Display Correctly (Warning: Pictures)  (Read 4836 times)

Sunblast

Sites Don't Display Correctly (Warning: Pictures)
« on: February 04, 2007, 09:32:16 AM »
A few days ago, I noticed that many of the things displayed on websites stopped displaying like they used to.  This includes text (As I type this, the letters are all smaller, have screwy spacing between letters as well as words, and they move of their own accord while typing every now and then), images, highlighting is off, and just the general set up of the sites seem to be thrown off.  I can't really explain what it's like, so I'll try to use some pictures to help you figure this thing out (Assuming you want to, of course).  

Here's the buttons located at the top of this very site.  The images are so small, and I don't think they're supposed to be.  

This is what I get if I try to highlight text.  Notice where I stopped highlighting.  It cuts right through that "h."  Though it's actually worse than that.  I'm highlighting a bit to the left of there, but it doesn't show the highlighting correctly.  

Here I am looking at an upcoming book from Wizards of the Coast.  See the words going into the picture?  And the little bulleted links are screwy, too.  If I go back there, it sometimes comes out alright.  Here's the actual site: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/107627200

Here's a log in screen.  Things aren't lining up as they should.  

Here's an e-mail I received in Gmail.  That highlighting should be over the word "Wii."  

And here's where I'm storing these images.  It's a mess!  

I think I know how I started this.  When typign up a message for a forum, I needed the little degree symbol (When saying 360 degrees), so I went into Word and inserted it as a symbol, then copied and pasted it into my message.  Right then, things got warped and it hasn't been the same sense.  I'd say that's probably when it started.  
Any advice, guys?  It's driving me crazy!

-Sunblast

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Sites Don't Display Correctly (Warning: Pictur
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »
This is a test.  I'm going to post a sentence with the degree symbol.  My CPU is running at 41° C.

I'm posting this with IE 7.  I copied the degree symbol from Word 2003.  And, it has had no effect on my browser viewing.

If you go to View, Text Size, what setting do you see there?  When you made the screen prints, did you have your browser maximized or set at a smaller size window?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 09:56:02 AM by soybean »

Sunblast

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 09:57:31 AM »
I can see the degree symbol you typed.  My text size is set to medium, and my browser was maximized.  I always maximize.  

soybean

Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 10:57:18 AM »
Can you go back to a Restore Point before this happened?

Sunblast

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »
Erm, I had to set up a restore point to go back to it, right?  Cuz I don't think I've ever done it.  

soybean

Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 02:22:21 PM »
Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.  Proceed to the screen named Select a Restore Point.  If System Restore is turned on in your system, you should see some calendar dates in bold.  These are dates for which you have a Restore Point.

Sunblast

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »
When I went to System Restore, it said it had been turned off and asked if I'd like to turn it on.  Rats.   >:(