Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD burner trouble...  (Read 2053 times)

Dieter Laser

Topic Starter

Rookie
    DVD burner trouble...
    « on: February 04, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »
    I've had this Benq DW1640 burner for just over a year. (Just enough to outlast the warranty of course.) It has worked well until a couple days ago. If I try to burn something it will go through the process fine and say the operation was completed successfully but then it won't read the disc afterward. I put in some other discs that were burned earlier and it reads them fine. The disc looks burned you can see the difference in color where its been written but it just seems like it isn't putting the info on the disc. Just wanted to drop this in here in case there's something I can do before I go hungry for a week to pay for another one. Thanks in advance.

GX1_Man

Re: DVD burner trouble...
    « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 03:17:21 PM »
    Assuming this happened without any activity inside the case, etc., uninstall and reinstall the software and then cross your fingers.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: DVD burner trouble...
    « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 07:26:07 AM »
    Also make sure you are finalising the burn...

What program are you using to burn with ? ?

You can DLoad IsoBuster if you need to read / retrieve any data from those coasters you made.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "