Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HDD not detected  (Read 2123 times)

dbonniwell

Topic Starter

Rookie
    HDD not detected
    « on: February 07, 2007, 04:06:30 AM »
    I just intalled a new motherboard D975XBX2 and it cannot detect the HDDs
    I connected the DVD master and CD slave drives to the one IDE connector I have on the board.
    I bought an IDE controler board for the two IDE Hard drives I have. One is a 40gig Western Digital (Original) Master
    250gig Seagate (Just bought 1 month ago) Slave
    I checked the controller card and it is seated properly in one of two PCI slots and the IDE cable to primary on the card is properly attached.
    At the HDDs I rechecked the master and slave settings twice and they are ok
    I have the ribbon cable end connector on Mater and the middle connector on slave, power is also connected properly.
    Other things
    1 The 40gig HDD still has Win XP on it
    2 I put the CD in for the drivers on the IDE controler card and does not install.
    3 I simple cannot find Auto detect in Bios it should be in Advanced but it is not there.
    4 When it goes through its self examination a message comes up that the HDD is not detected.
    I tried to reinstall Xp but it gets to a point where it is telling me that the HDD cannot be found
    I am not sure where to take this can anyone please help
    thanks

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: HDD not detected
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 05:22:19 AM »
    Have you tried connecting a optical drive and a hard drive
    on the motherboard IDE port,and do the same with the IDE
    controller board?
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: HDD not detected
    « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 03:40:08 PM »
    Acouple of things here...
    1) How many IDE slots are on this MBoard ? ?
    2) Did the controller card you bought come with a driver disk...if so have you installed it ?
    3) Why not start with one drive at a time ? ? I'd suggest the primary master with XP on it to get going.
    4 Then when you again have that system up and running add 1 (one) drive at a time to get it recognised and jumpered appropiately.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "