Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard doesn't work  (Read 2174 times)

pcrepair123

Keyboard doesn't work
« on: February 07, 2007, 11:46:40 PM »
Hello, I'm new here in this forum and I have problem with my PC. It happened when I have restart my PC. The LEDs should lights up when the PC boots up but now the keyboard doesn't react at all. When I try to press any key the mouse will not work either. Well, the PC boots up and I can log-in using mouse becuase I didn't put password on user log-in. But when I press any of the keys the PC hangs. I don't know what to do. I ended up borrowing my brother's System Unit. Is it the motherboard's PS/2 port? What would be the cause?

Thanks in advance. Hoping for any solutions...

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Keyboard doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 04:45:32 AM »
I would try another PS2 keyboard that you know is working in that machine. Turn the machine off before swapping keyboards...

patio.  8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

pcrepair123

Re: Keyboard doesn't work
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:07:33 PM »
I figure out that the PC doesn't hangs at all only the mouse freezes when I tried to press any of the keys on my keyboard.
@stonesComputer Isn't Taking Inputs From Keyboard

1. Is keyboard connected to computer? Ensure that the keyboard is plugged into the keyboard jack and not into the mouse jack. If the keyboard was unplugged, plug it back in and reboot the computer.

2. If the keyboard still doesn't work on boot-up, power down the computer and try to borrow a friend’s known-good keyboard for troubleshooting. Plug the new keyboard up and boot up the computer. If the new keyboard works, the old keyboard is bad and needs to be replaced.

3. If the known-good keyboard doesn't work, check your BIOS to make sure it sees the keyboard. It should say, "installed." If the BIOS recognizes the keyboard, then you probably have a bad keyboard port.

>How can I access the BIOS...Any keyboard won't work. And the PC start always normal mode. Can't even go to Safe mode.
>I've transferred keyboard, mouse, HDD, FDD, RAM, Video Card to my other System Unit and they're functioning well.
>What would be the problem?
>How can I access the BIOS?

Many thanks for spending time..