Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Guest Account  (Read 1935 times)

mkieffer

Internet Guest Account
« on: February 08, 2007, 11:02:06 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but I need help figuring out what is going on.  When I went to logon to our laptop instead of just one profile there were two! One was ours and the other was "Internet Guest Account"  I have never seen this before and we did not set it up.  It was password protected and I could not gain access to it even when I reset the password.  So I deleted it from the Control Panel.  Well today, again- it mysteriously reapperared- this time I was able to reset the password and logon, the only icon on the desktop in there was a vpn connection to my office.  I immediately deleted the connection and the profile.  Any idea what is going on?  We are running XP, have zone alarm installed, ad-aware etc. (sorry not totally computer savvy) Help have I been hacked?  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 11:05:07 AM by mkieffer »

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Internet Guest Account
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 07:27:27 PM »
Hello & welcome to the forums.

You first need to Google for Internet Guest Account & read some of the 32 million hits on the subject.  Hopefully you will understand what it is and what its use is.  Then you can decide whether to disable it or not.

Good luck
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.