Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: getting blue screen of death, damaged DLed files  (Read 1917 times)

Joey_P

getting blue screen of death, damaged DLed files
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:36:38 PM »
i recently upgraded my computer, i got a new motherboard + graphics card so i reformatted my hard drive. Everything works fine now except just about anything i download is corrupted or damaged, including game demos, the new update for my graphics card, any quicktime videos will stop playing and say "buffer overrun detected". "I used the"Clear Private Data" function in Firefox and I was able to download a 3mb file with out it corrupting." i tried that and it didn't work. I also get the blue screen of death randomly, not very often, but twice today, when I first turned my pc on and second when i was writing this to you. I've only been able to read a tiny bit of what it says, i think I've read "memory failure" before. I had a similar problem with my old, old computer, i would get the blue screen of death and it would freeze and stuff. So I took my pc to Geek Squad and for 40-60$ they said my memory and hard drive were dead. So I'm hoping you have an answer or if i need to get a new hard drive or something. thanks :)

specs

ausu mother board
amd fx 55
geforce 8800 gts
2 gig of kingston memory
windows xp

just let me know if you need any other information
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 09:10:19 PM by Joey_P »

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: getting blue screen of death, damaged DLed fil
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 12:07:30 AM »
Welcome to the forums BlacKnight495.

Here's hoping you took good anti-static measures when re-building.

D/l & run Memtest86 to test your Ram and d/l & run the hdd manufacturers diagnostic package to test your hdd.

Good luck
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.