Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Shooting  (Read 15649 times)

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: Shooting
    « Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 06:03:04 AM »
    Hmm
    I grew up on a farm, violentless (except for our shotguns)
    Moved to the city, more violence [highlight](450 in graduating class)[/highlight]
    Moved out in the middle of nowhere, nothing at all.... (around 35 people in my graduating class)

450 what? Shootings? :o

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
      • Yes
      • JSPCRepair
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 03:06:58 PM »
    No, students. ;)

8-)fffreak
    Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 10:37:01 PM »
    Hmm
    I grew up on a farm, violentless (except for our shotguns)
    Moved to the city, more violence [highlight](450 in graduating class)[/highlight]
    Moved out in the middle of nowhere, nothing at all.... (around 35 people in my graduating class)

450 what? Shootings? :o
    My gosh, no. That would have been all over the news.
    We didnt have shootings, but there was a previous time when (I read this in an archive online paper) that there was some sort of threat. The school has been closed a few times from threats, in fact, they once had us evacuate the school all the sudden out of the middle of nowhere, they told us that it was "just a test of the security system" and nothing more, but how would the principal picking up the phone and dialing the PA system and saying "Please evacuate the building" have to do with the schools security system?

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      « Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 11:27:38 PM »
      Obviously, it doesn't. ;)
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Blackberry

Adviser
      • For those with wings, fly to your dreams.
        « Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 08:45:23 AM »
        A question, on which age do you guys think people should be allowed to buy a gun. Who should be able and who shouldn't and why? Should there be a law if you have a gun, it should be on a safe place (for example a safe) so children wouldn't be able to grab it and shoot with it...

And most important, why? should you be able to have a weopon
        Everybody knows you can't click here. But I know you will try it :)

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
          « Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 01:09:03 PM »
          I think 16 is a good age. By then, they should be old enough to understand the reasons behind gun safety, the consequences of illegally using it, and ideally responsible enough to be "good" with guns. It'd be nice, though, if each person had to go through gun safety training before obtaining their first firearm. It'll cut down on accidental deaths.

Why own a gun? Rifles and Shotguns are good for hunting. (As are the pistols, to an extent - what better to take down a charging bear than an automatic .357 Magnum? 5 or 6 shots from that should bring him down.) Outside of hunting, pistols are good for self-defense. Gangs are prevalent in large-cities' poor areas.

Finally, on those nice sunny days, there's something to be said for killing an afternoon at the Target Range. :)

(For the record: I don't have a more powerful gun than a BB gun. It's my compact bow that can do real damage. :D)
          « Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:09:51 PM by Timothy_Bennett »
          "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Dead_reckon

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 01:36:05 PM »
          Pretty crazy news in my local town I thought I'd share. Shooting at a local mall, which ended up killing at least 5 people. I actually just ate there last week. Glad I didn't postpone it until today.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=888784

note to self. buy a USP .45 handgun after my 18th birthday.. if nothing else, i'll at least blow off a limb.

EDIT: dilbert, if i have a bear charging at me, i'd rather take him down in one shot. the same goes for a mad man with a gun. a good twelve guage shotgun slug will do that. (not shell, a slug, big difference, you shoot buckshot at it, and it will just get really #*%&ing mad and probably charge faster, same goes for the .357)
          « Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:40:17 PM by Dead_reckon »

Neil

Expert
            « Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 02:42:19 PM »
            I think 16 is too young. My sister was riding the bus and an air rifle was shot through the window and just missed her, probably fired by the unruley youths. As to gangs being pervailant in certain areas, citizens should be able to rely on the police to keep law and order rather than go about taking the law into their own hands. What kind of country thinks that's an acceptable reason?

Dead_reckon

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 02:59:01 PM »
            I think 16 is too young. My sister was riding the bus and an air rifle was shot through the window and just missed her, probably fired by the unruley youths. As to gangs being pervailant in certain areas, citizens should be able to rely on the police to keep law and order rather than go about taking the law into their own hands. What kind of country thinks that's an acceptable reason?

anyone who will fire any weapon at a person, or animal, without it being in self defence, or a species that is in season, needs to be shot themselves. someone shot my dog a while back with birdshot, personally, whoever did it had better not attempt to do it again if i am around, or they will be the one that needs a doctor.. same thing happened to my neighbors dog a while back. its annoying how people are so careless these days. i'd just like to put all of the idiots like the one that shot my dog on a island in the middle of the ocean.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
              • Yes
            « Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »
            I think it should be 21 years and up to own a gun.
            Why?
            Though a 16 year old can think of the consequences, and certainly know every wrong aspect, they are not always 100% likely to take it seriously. Especially since they will most likely not be sent to jail for shooting one person, since they are under the age of 18.

Then again, why not just have it at the age of 18? People are mature at that age, right? Not always. In my opinion, for a person to reach their full maturity level, and learn enough about life, they need to be 21. At 18, not everyone has the responsibility level they need yet.

But then again, there are some people who are considerably responsible for their age, and could have owned a gun at age 13 and done quite well with it.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »
            Theres no such thing as "Gun Safety" the only safety is the responisiblity of the user of the gun. which, is not a good thing now-a-days...

Neil

Expert
              « Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 04:53:50 PM »
              anyone who will fire any weapon at a person, or animal, without it being in self defence, or a species that is in season, needs to be shot themselves.

Somewhat of a contradiction. Well technically I suppose it leads to an infinate chain of shootings.......

Dead_reckon

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »
              anyone who will fire any weapon at a person, or animal, without it being in self defence, or a species that is in season, needs to be shot themselves.

Somewhat of a contradiction. Well technically I suppose it leads to an infinate chain of shootings.......

chain reactions can be funny at times..

EDIT: but not in the game Doom, in the level Barrels O' Fun..
              « Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 05:18:33 PM by Dead_reckon »

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
                • Obituary
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #58 on: February 19, 2007, 06:45:31 PM »
              I think it should be 21 years and up to own a gun.
              Why?
              Though a 16 year old can think of the consequences, and certainly know every wrong aspect, they are not always 100% likely to take it seriously. Especially since they will most likely not be sent to jail for shooting one person, since they are under the age of 18.

Then again, why not just have it at the age of 18? People are mature at that age, right? Not always. In my opinion, for a person to reach their full maturity level, and learn enough about life, they need to be 21. At 18, not everyone has the responsibility level they need yet.

But then again, there are some people who are considerably responsible for their age, and could have owned a gun at age 13 and done quite well with it.

21-That should also go for joining the Armed Forces,voting -ETC..
              Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
                • Yes
              « Reply #59 on: February 19, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
              How about it goes:
              As soon as you have moved out of your parents house
              lol
              That sounds like a good one, for guns, voting, army, and everything else.